Play by Design is a specialist team that collaborates with clients and planners to create fun, challenging, safe, play and sport environments for local government, developers, schools, and child care centres.
With over 20 years of experience, Play by Design provides complete solutions from initial planning and design, through to installation and construction.
Play by Design is the exclusive agents in NSW and the ACT for the world leaders of innovative play and sports equipment providers, Kompan, Corocord Spacenets and Rhino Skate Ramps. Equipment ranges include:
- Climbing Rope Structures
- School Age Structures
- Early Childhood
- Themed Play
- Inclusive Play
- Digital Play
- Play Sculptures
- Moving Equipment
- Sensory and Sound
- Water and Sand
- Multi courts
- Active Aging
- Skate Parks
Providing unique, high quality play environments
for children of all ages and abilities
in communities across NSW & ACT
Meet the Team
- Play by Design offers the most unique and innovative playground equipment available on the market. From 10m high Sky Walk’s to raw robinia balancing logs. Kompan and Corocord’s diverse range of equipment means you can always find a playground to suit your needs.
- Kompan and Corocord’s design department allows Play by Design to deliver ‘one of a kind’ custom rope and play structures to clients.
- It has been found that Kompan and Corocord equipment. with minimum maintenance, can last onward from 20 years. Continuous development in Kompan and Corocord’s materials ensures longevity of products.
- Kompan has worked successfully with some of Australia’s largest and most recognised landscape architects, architects and contractors.
- Our team of landscape architects and project managers have designed and managed the construction of some of the most innovative and exciting playground projects in NSW and the ACT.
- Play by Design pride ourselves on the ability to collaborate with planners, designers, architects and landscape architects to specify and deliver quality playground solutions. Bringing these solutions to life are often our proudest moments.
- We work closely with developers and contractors to ensure our equipment is delivered to project schedules and installed with consideration to an entire project.
- Our experienced installers are meticulous in their approach to install equipment to the standard and in a professional manager.
- All Kompan and Corocord Playground equipment complies to AS4685:2014 (Part 1-6)
- The Play by Design team not only have complete knowledge of the current playground standards but vast knowledge experiences on safe play design principles.
- Every standard Kompan and Corocord piece has been independently certified by a recognised safety and compliance expert.
- We provide a certificate of compliance with every job.
- We are most proud of representing Kompan, Corocord and Rhino as each of their products go through months and even years of research and development to not only meet the direct needs of the users but its success as a product in the market.
- Kompan is the only playground company in the world that has a connected early childhood centre to research play and test play theories and equipment.
- Kompan have up to LIFE TIME warranties on some parts and a comprehensive spare parts policy.
- Kompan carry approximately 3 million dollars in stock in their Brisbane Head Office and warehouse. These parts can be dispatched with in 24 hours of acceptance of our replacement quotation. General arrival of parts is 1 week.
- Parts not carried in Brisbane will be ordered and air-freighted from the Kompan Factory, and have a lead time of 1-6 weeks
- If Kompan’s Maintenance schedule is utilised by the client, Kompan equipment can last you a life time.
- Even though 70% of Kompan play components can be recycled at the end of its life, Kompan’s equipment is designed to last a lifetime thus limiting its environmental footprint.
- Kompan has also developed ECO Core, a new 100% recycled High Density Plastic that can also be recycled at the end of its life. This material is now prominent in almost all new Kompan play structures and has a LIFETIME warranty.
- Kompan only uses FSC Certified woods as well as recyclable steel and aluminium.
- Kompan takes responsibility for the impact of all its activities, products and services; proudly certified to ISO 9001, ISO 4001 and OHSAS 18001.
It’s important to share a vision when creating unique play spaces. Play by Design values creativity, innovation, quality, health and learning; associating themselves with like-minded partners. From design into production and through installation, these values are upheld ensuring only the best possible outcomes for each of our playgrounds.